Inshore Fishing Costa Rica ½ day tour
Fish the local coastal waters for big fish from a powerboat rigged for sport fishing. Professional multilingual guides, top notch equipment and lunch included.
A day on the water:
Our inshore fishing Costa Rica 1/2 day tour takes you on an adventure in search of fish such as roosterfish, jack crevalle, bigeye trevally, needlefish, skipjack tuna, barracuda, snapper and groupers. If the mahi mahi are running we can also target these on a 1/2 day tour as they are close to shore. We can do a morning or afternoon tour depending on your schedule. The mornings are usually good because the risk of wind is low and it is easier to fish. This is an ideal tour for families as well as the seasoned angler.
Inshore fishing Costa Rica is fun because it is usually very dynamic. We troll live or dead bait, cast poppers and stickbaits, jig and bottom fish to catch the fish we are fishing for. We have 2 fishing boats to choose from according to your budget.
Your captain is Thomas Jones who is also the owner of Bahia Rica. He is a marine biologist by profession and a member of Pro Staff Costa Rica. He has more hours logged in the area than anyone else and will do whatever is necessary to put you on the fish.
The boat picks your group up at the Paquera Ferry landing or agreed upon pick up point and time. We make the short run to the fishing area and start fishing. We fish for 4-5 hours before returning to the drop-off point. During the tour, you can enjoy cold drinks, including beer, snacks fruit and a lunch.
Reasons to choose us:
• More than 10 years’ experience in the area
• Professional multilingual guides – speak English, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian
• Top notch equipment
• Beverages, snacks and lunch included
• Insurance from INS (national institute of insurances)
• Boats equipped for sport fishing
• Excellent price compared to similar boats in the area
• Captain is marine biologist and Pro Staff Costa Rica
• We carry safety equipment, life vests, life buoys, VHF radio
• Marine toilet and radio in both boats
Tour Logistics / booking / prices:
Pick-up point:Normally at the Paquera ferry landing but can be agreed upon
Pick-up time: to be agreed upon
Duration 4-5 hours .
Bahia Rica provides:
• Fishing gear
• Snacks and lunch
• Safety equipment, life vests and life buoys
Clients need to bring:
• Hat / cap / visor
• Long arm shirt (we sell UPF50+ shirts and accessories)
• Light rain gear in the rainy season (May-Nov)
• Copy of passport and photo of entry stamp (in case Coast Guards inspects us)
• Towels (if you want to take a swim)
• NB! You need a Costa Rican fishing license.
Licenses can be purchased online.
Price half day inshore fishing:
• Mono Congo:$450 for up to 4 persons
• Conquistador: $550 for up to 4 persons
• Additional fishermen: $50 per person (max 8 persons total on each boat)